Łukašenka says Trump following his advice on Iran
April 3, Pozirk. Alaksandar Łukašenka, during a visit to an outpatient clinic in Minsk today, said that the US president is following his advice to step back and allow Israel to fight the war with Iran.
“I told them: Israel wanted to fight with Iran, so let it fight. Let it fight—why are you getting involved? Your people would get killed there. And coffins would start coming back to America. Society would be outraged, with two-thirds already disapproving of the gamble,” he said, according to an unofficial Telegram channel linked to his press office.
He apparently conveyed this recommendation to Donald Trump during his meeting with John Coale in Minsk on March 19.
Łukašenka claimed that “common sense has prevailed” and that the Americans “are slowly, slowly pulling out.”
He also said that Trump had abandoned the idea of taking Karg Island to seize Iran’s oil. “The Americans are slowly retreating from there,” he added.
Meanwhile, Trump wrote this morning that the US can “easily” open the Strait of Hormuz “with a little more time,” Reuters reported.
“With a little more time, we can easily OPEN THE HORMUZ STRAIT, TAKE THE OIL, & MAKE A FORTUNE. IT WOULD BE A ‘GUSHER’ FOR THE WORLD???”
In further comments, Łukašenka said that “the Jews will understand” soon that Iran was the wrong place to attack. He added that Israel is a small country – “its population is like ours.”
“Syria are enemies, enemies in northern Israel and southern Lebanon, Iran are enemies. Enemies are everywhere—the whole Muslim world are enemies. They started bombing left and right. But this state and this population are too small to take on the world. They thought the Americans would do it for them, but the latter changed their mind promptly,” he said.
The US military has so far reported 13 casualties as a result of Iranian strikes and a KC-135 crash in Iraq since the first strikes by Israel and the US on Iran on February 28, which reportedly killed the country’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei.
New strikes from Iran and Yemen were reported in Israel overnight. Qatar and Kuwait intercepted drones, while both Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates reported missiles and drones entering their airspace. Iran also reported strikes in Tehran and Karaj.
Trump appears willing to continue engaging with Łukašenka.
In a Truth Social post on March 30, Trump said he was looking forward to meeting Łukašenka at the next Board of Peace event, noting that the Belarusian leader has “gracefully released” more than 500 prisoners since May 2025.
The Board of Peace was originally conceived as a mechanism to implement part of the Gaza ceasefire plan. However, Trump and his officials later suggested it could address a broader range of global issues, with the US president saying it has the potential to become “one of the most consequential bodies ever created.”
Trump notes prisoner release in Belarus, says Łukašenka welcome at Board of Peace
- PoliticsBlacklisted Planar importing equipment from EU, report saysThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Politics, SecurityAnother top Belarusian general dovish on WestThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Politics, SocietyAt least 175 people persecuted in EHU case, report saysThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Economy
- Politics, SecurityNATO planes shoot down drone “from Belarus” over LatviaThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- EconomyHouseholds’ disposable income rises by 8 percent in January-JuneThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- PoliticsTrial, extremist and terrorist designations reported in BelarusThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Society
- SocietyBodies of tourists killed in crash in Georgia flown to BelarusThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Society
- PoliticsUS envoy Coale hopeful for more dissident releases in BelarusThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- EconomyVacancies for foreign workers keep rising in BelarusThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Economy, Germany newsNearly 21 percent of employed Belarusians in Germany work in high-demand jobsThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- SecurityRussian war recruitment site for Belarusians goes offlineThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- PoliticsŁukašenka repeats mantra about “strategic partnership” with IndiaThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- PoliticsŁukašenka: We don’t want to fight Russians, Ukrainians, Tatars, or JewsThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- SocietyDriver in deadly Georgia minibus crash lacked proper license, report saysThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Politics, SecurityKyiv blacklists two Belarusian companies allegedly involved in grain exports from Russian-occupied areasThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- PoliticsTwenty more people declared former political prisonersThe material is available only to POZIRK+
- Politics, SocietyFIA lifts all restrictions on Belarusian drivers, officialsThe material is available only to POZIRK+



